It can be very important for you to identify what factors are causing your motivation to fluctuate. Often, you may also discover new factors that have not already been outlined that could help or hinder your motivation when working. In this article, we want to show you some of the common factors found that significantly impact your business.
Key factors that can influence your motivation
- Great managers suggested that a company’s culture definitely has a big impact on motivation. This is because, in a company where people in a team have different approaches to work, it can lead to a bit of friction in the workforce. This then can cause favouritism from workers who have similar approaches to each other and therefore, workers with different approaches may lose motivation by feeling no inclusion in tasks or the communication breaks down.
- Penguins article discusses the importance of reward and recognition. They talk about how praise begins to lose its impact if not accompanied by reward. Exceptional work deserves a reward and while recognition is sufficient in certain cases, employees begin to lose motivation if they are not rewarded for extra effort.
- The next factor is discussed by amanet and is all about the structure factor of motivation. Some work is inherently motivational, requiring creativity, imagination, and elevated levels of energy. Work that involves communicating, negotiating, and interacting with other people to gain their cooperation to get the job done quickly and well brings out the best energies of the individual. It is exciting and challenging. It is usually highly rewarding as well.
- M3ssolutions discusses how learning and development opportunities can impact your motivation. Self-actualisation is a natural by-product of high performance. Most employees naturally want to do a good job to feel they are achieving their full potential. Learning & Development (L&D) is a way of educating and guiding your employees on the areas and aspects that will help them develop and progress.
- Finally, mnestudies is similar to the reward and recognition factor as they both involve the leadership role at the workplace. Leaders play a key role in maintaining a conducive work environment. The leader should understand how to deal with different employees. It is imperative on the leaders that he should respect the employees, and this would make others take a leaf out of his book and this would help in the prevailing culture of mutual respect and honour.
Leave a comment if you think we missed out any other key factors.
Have a read and look through our other articles on motivation?
- The best ways YOU can motivate yourself and your team: https://www.expertcircle.uk/the-best-ways-you-can-motivate-yourself-and-your-team/
- Top 10 motivational business quotes to help increase your motivation: https://www.expertcircle.uk/top-10-motivational-business-quotes-to-help-increase-your-motivation/
- Purposeful Motivation: https://www.expertcircle.uk/purposeful-motivation/