Start Your Own Pet-Sitting Business and More, 2nd Edition
Entrepreneur Press and Cheryl Kimball
Americans love their pets. More than a quarter of all American households have dogs or cats. And then there are parrots and parrotfish, guinea pigs and pot-bellied pigs, iguanas and anacondas. If you love animals, you can start a profitable business caring for pets when their owners go on vacation.
A pet-sitting business is easy to start and inexpensive to run. You can board pets in your home, visit pets in their homes, manage a staff of pet-sitters or even combine pet-sitting and house-sitting for a greater profit. Plus, you can offer add-on services like grooming and walking.
Learning everything you need to know to be a success, including:
- Tips on animal feeding, grooming and exercise
- Medical care information and resources
- Insurance, regulatory and legal liability issues
- What toys and supplies you need to make your job easier
- Startup basics like writing a business plan and managing your finances
- If you love animals, don’t delay.
- Learn how to turn your passion into profit.
Written by business writer Cheryl Kimball and edited by the experts at Entrepreneur, each Start Your Own title delivers industry-specific information for starting a business supported by expert interviews, lessons learned, and success secrets from practising business owners in the industry.